You might remember I promised in a recent post about the Technic Cosmetic Advent Calendar that I'd share my order from Avon's new True Colour range, so today I thought that's what I'd do :)
I'm in a funk honeys. There is zero self care going on around here and there hasn't been any Rosie care for a very long time now that I think on it. The most I can do every morning is to have my shower, get dressed and run a brush through my hair. It's simply not good enough.
As if the cosmos heard my thoughts, at that precise moment an ad appeared on TV for the new Avon range, promising to let us "say bye to your morning face in five minutes!"
Intrigued, I went to their website to find out more, only to find that since the range was new, most items were also around half price as part of an introductory offer. What's to lose I thought honeys and this is what I ordered...
Products in my order were:
- Avon True Colour Flawless Cream-To-Powder Foundation
- Avon True Colour Flawless Cream-To-Powder Foundation (ordered two in same shade)
- Avon True Colour Eye Shadow Duo
- Nail Experts 5-in-1 Nail Treatment
Let's get rid of the packaging (pretty though it is) and have a closer look shall we?
- Avon True Colour Flawless Cream-To-Powder Foundation - Such a pretty compact! I especially like the separate compartment for the sponge. The colour is actually perfect! I choose a shade called Natural Beige for my olive skin and I couldn't be happier with it. It does feel lovely and creamy and does dry to a powder finish as promised. I would definitely buy this again (and probably will when I've worked my way through these two compacts :)
- Avon True Colour Eye Shadow Duo - There are so many pretty shades available in these duo sets and I choose the Warm Cashmere compact. I love both shades. It's applies easily and lasts through a shift at work too :)
- Avon Nail Experts 5-in-1 Nail Treatment - My nails are awful honeys. They're very brittle and break so easily. I know this is a sign of my overall health (my iron count is constantly very low) so I thought I'd give this a try. It's clear, dries to a lovely glossy, shiny finish and promises to strengthen my nails.
Let's have a closer look at the starter kit delivered with my order shall we?
From left to right in the photo above:
- A True Colour solo eye shadow in Satin Taupe shade
- A Nailwear Pro+ nail polish in Naked Truth shade.
- 50ml bottle of Anew Clean anti aging 3-in-1 cleaning water
- Perfume sample in Life scent
- Lipstick in Toasted Rose shade
You know, I've been trying to remember when I last bought myself any make up (other than the cosmetic advent calendar I bought recently) and I really can't remember. As I said, no self care going on around here honeys. Oddly enough I wouldn't have placed this order if I wasn't planning on dressing up for next weekend's Halloween celebrations at work so again, not something I've done especially for myself. I need to have a talk with myself. Quite urgently :/ It actually felt quite good to put on make up again after so long.
Over to you honeys. How do you remind yourself to take care of you? Any self care tips would be truly appreciated. Have you tried any of this new Avon range? If so, what are your thoughts?
Well, I have to dash, I have to be at work in around an hour. Have a wonderful weekend, smile lots and hug even more dear ones, till next time, huggles always xx
Edit: I've searched the Avon site to try and find the free True Colour starter kit and can't find a link but I only received this one around a week or two ago so it can't have gone yet? Does anyone know how often Avon change their offers?