Friday 19 August 2016

Best Ikea Purchase Ever!

Disclaimer: I haven't been paid to recommend this product, just wanted to share our latest (and happiest) smile x

Hi Honeys
It's Friday again and so much done this week, thanks to Hubby having a week's holiday from work and following me around the house checking off jobs as we go from a little list I'd made :)

On Wednesday we made a trip to Ikea, with another carefully prepared list as always, and we did it! We managed to find one of the new Ikea products I'd spotted online in a preview of the new catalogue.

This wasn't just any product though, this looked like it could be the single best thing we've ever bought from Ikea, and if you've read this blog you'll know that Ikea is my happy place :) Seriously honeys, I'm obsessed! You can't walk into a room in our home without meeting some Ikea somewhere :)    

Best Ikea purchase ever

So, what is it then, this amazing Ikea product that actually made me so happy when I spotted it, and
doubly so when we actually found one on our latest visit?

It's the GLASSGLAD glass dome with base and I LOVE it! Essentially it's a display case to protect and store precious things while allowing them to be seen, appreciated, loved and all those good things that fill a day with smiles just because :)  It looks like this...
GLASSGLAD glass dome and base from Ikea
So, why all the excitement you ask honeys?  We have a treasure you see.  A one-of-a-kind, can never be replaced treasure discovered while going through boxes taken from cupboards in our efforts to downsize.  

This treasure means the world to us and we'd love to be able to display it in our home but not without a way to protect it from the elements (ie: dust) and, if we can (such as avoiding direct sunlight etc) from any further unnecessary aging. 

Would you like to see our treasure then honeys, now that it's found a new, safe, place to live?  Here it is...
   
Our precious wedding cake topper, safe & sound :)

This is the cake topper from our wedding cake, it's a little over thirty years old (hey I was a young bride! :) The bride's dress and the groom's shirt have discoloured a little to look more cream coloured than the white they were but she still has her tiny bouquet and her separate little lace veil attached.

The topper is perfectly complete, still having it's pink feathers, flowers & ribbon, it's silver foil leaves & tiny silver bell, all in place exactly as they were, a lifetime ago now although it feels like yesterday (or maybe the day before :)

There are simply no words for how much this means to me, or for how vividly it brings back memories of what was the happiest day of my life. Truly precious things like this deserve to be seen, to be loved and to be a part of our daily lives, don't you think honeys?

I can't help looking at it each time I walk into our living room and each time I do I smile :)  Thank you Ikea for making that possible x

Do you display your treasures?  What brings back the happiest memories for you dear ones? Till next time, have a fabulous weekend, smile lots and hug even more, hugs always xxx

Sept 2019 edit: This dome is no long available from Ikea I'm afraid (we tried to buy another one without success) but there are various different versions available in different sizes, you can see them here honeys x

No comments:

Post a Comment