Thursday 7 July 2016

Sunny Days, Laundry Love & Skin Care Regime Update

Disclaimer:  I haven't been paid to promote any products, just sharing what's new in my life and making me smile x

Hi Honeys
I hope you're having a fabulous day, I certainly am :) After a fairly miserable week of almost constant rain bringing with it, as fellow spoonies will know, all kinds of pains, aches and especially this week migraines :/

Well, after way too much rain we've finally had a dry day! Not a scorching hot, sun splitting the pavements type of day, but it stopped raining honeys!  You might have heard me say that laundry is my favourite household task :)
Sunny Days, Laundry Love & Skin Care Regime Update
There are no words for how happy it makes me to see line after line of lovely fresh laundry gently billowing in the breeze in our back garden :) Such joy!

So, after such an awful week, to open the curtains and see this gorgeous sky.....
Beautiful Blue Skies & Fluffy Clouds Mean It's Laundry Day For Me :)
Talk about starting the day with a smile :)  I had my morning shower , got dressed and started my first load of laundry :)  When the wash cycle had finished, in went another load and our furbaby Jade kept me company while I pegged it outside and she kept watch for squirrels :)

She adores squirrels but they never want to come down out of the trees to play with her and she can't seem to understand why, bless her :)

Do you remember I was moaning chatting about having dreadful dry, flakey skin on my forehead and eyebrow area recently?  Seriously, this getting older stuff isn't at all what I expected :/   Having bits of my face flaking off all day long (ewww! Rosie!) was just unacceptable! It was time to be a grown up and start an actual skin care regime that included more than just soap and water.

After a wander around our local supermarket I found a day and matching night cream, which I've been using each day after my morning shower and before I go to bed each night.    
Skin Care System - Day & Night Cream
I began to notice a difference after ten or eleven days. My skin was far less dry, there were fewer "flakes" and it felt less irritated.  I was so impressed that on my next trip in store I bought another jar each of both the day and night creams, as well as a tube of facial scrub from the same system.
Asda Skin Care System
I had been using a Soap and Glory exfoliator/scrub but it was intended as a body scrub so I thought I'd buy an actual facial product. The facial scrub is made with aloe vera and, as with the rest of this range, it isn't tested on animals.    

I've been using both the day and night creams for exactly twenty seven days now, (so it will be four weeks tomorrow) in addition to the facial scrub, which I've been using no more than three times a week or so.

I haven't set actual "exfoliating" days,  I just use it one morning and then skip two mornings before using it again.  I'm still feeling rather selfish for spending time on myself, I don't think that will ever change, but there has been such a difference in my skin! No more flakey bits!  None.  Not even a little and my skin feels so good too.

Mind you, I've also been making a real effort to drink more water, which has the additional benefit too that I've been drinking far less fizzy pop/soda which has got to be a good thing :)  I don't know what else to say honeys, I'm really impressed!

I'm definitely going to keep to my mini skin care regime. It's working (no more flakes) I'm so happy with the results and who knows honeys, maybe my inner critic will shush and stop telling me how selfish I'm being :) Do you have a skin care routine you follow?

What's your day been like today? I hope you've had a great week and that you're looking forward to the weekend.  Till next time dear ones, smile lots and always hug even more :) Huggles always xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment