Wednesday 6 July 2016

A Perfect Fairy Dream Home...

Disclaimer:  I haven't been paid to promote any products, just wanted to share my latest smile x

Hi Honeys
It arrived!! It finally arrived!! It's taken over two months to arrive, and in the meantime I had entirely forgotten I'd even ordered it (it's been busy around here lol) but it's finally arrived and it's just adorable!

"What's arrived Rosie?" I hear you say, well this did honeys...
Solar Fairy Home  You see, I've always wanted a fairy garden.  If you were to look closely at the shelves and bookcases and window ledges around our home you'll find any number of fairies, angels and of course Hubby's dragons, all peeping out and dancing across surfaces :)     

So, when I saw this lovely little fairy cabin in the shape of a log.... well that was it! I fell in love :) It's also solar powered too honeys.  At night it will glow with a soft, warm light from inside.  Let's have a closer look shall we? 
The side of the tiny fairy home moulded in resin looks like this...
Solar Powered Fairy Home In The Shape Of A Log
How sweet is the little window, with it's window box underneath? Waiting to be watered and tended by whichever fairy takes up residence.

If you look through this window you'll see three tiny led bulbs.  These bulbs are powered by a solar panel attached to the back of the log house.  Isn't the tree trunk shaped chimney on top of the log house adorable?

If we turn the house around, at one end of the log there is a little front door with two tiny windows :)
Solar Powered Fairy Home - Front Door & Chimney :)
 Again, these two windows are open to the elements, which is a shame because it's designed to live in the garden after all.  Maybe the makers didn't think it would end up living in a very rainy Scottish garden?  I'm tempted to paint the front door a sunny, happy colour. What do you think honeys?

If we look at the other end of the log house, we see the "back wall" of the cabin and it too has a pretty little window...
Solar Powered Fairy Home - Back Wall & Pretty Window
Once again, this little window isn't covered to prevent rain or moisture from getting to the wires and bulbs inside.  It's such a shame because other than this tiny error in design, this beautiful little fairy house really is quite perfect!

Will we have a look at the only part of the log house we haven't seen yet honeys?  This is the "back" of the fairy house...
Fairy Home - Back Wall With Chimney, Windows & Solar Panel
As you can see, there are two more windows, the larger window again has the prettiest little window box.  You also have a much clearer view of the "chimney" from this angle too and sitting alongside is the solar panel which powers the three tiny led bulbs inside.

There we have it then honeys, a perfect little fairy home :)  
Adorable Solar Powered Fairy Home
I really do adore this little log home and really the only possible chinks in it's design I can find are the windows not being "closed" and that the on/off button too is on the base attached to a panel, again not sealed to the elements.  

Hubby has said he could easily place clear plastic/acrylic behind the windows to keep out the rain and I'm sure the base could easily be dealt with too.  I had originally thought my planned "fairy garden" might look wonderful if placed among the roses in our front garden, or possibly among the lavender in the back garden.  Either spot would, I'm sure, please any fairies who choose to take up residence in the tiny fairy house :)  

I've checked and this little log home is available on Amazon, I bought mine from Studio, the cards & gifts catalogue and I'm sure it can be found elsewhere on line too honeys.  

So, what do you think?  Do you have a fairy garden? Have you ever wanted to make one?  There are so, so many ideas and tutorials available on Pinterest and on Youtube showing how to make a fairy home as well as how to create tiny furniture and garden accessories for them :) 

Till next time then dear ones, smile lots and hug even more :) Huggles always xxx

4 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Hi Rhonda x I've never had a fairy home before and I'm ridiculously excited :) I'm going to try to make some tiny accessories for it too. I've kept some of the smaller branches from when we trimmed the apple tree in the back garden and I'm hoping to use them to try to make a little swing or maybe a mini garden bench? I hope you're having a fabulous week dear one and looking forward to a wonderful weekend. Thank you so much for visiting, you've so made me smile! Huggles xxx

      Delete
  2. My mom and niece are building a fairy garden, I love this little house!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Heidi, what fun! Will you blog about your Mom & niece's fairy garden? I do hope so, I'd love to see it. I've wanted a fairy garden for such a long time and I've seen lots of examples on Pinterest, but to be honest I'm not sure what mine will look like :) I've kept a few of the smaller branches from when we trimmed the apple tree and thought maybe I could try to use them to make a couple of mini garden accessories like a tiny bench? It will be fun to try at least :) I hope you're having a fabulous week Heidi, I've so missed your blog! Sending heaps of hugs honey xxx

      Delete