Has everyone started the great tidy up after Christmas? Christmas might be fun but good grief it does make a mess of a lassie's house :) No matter how much we tidy up and try to keep on top of clearing away the wrapping paper and packaging and all of the other assorted litter of the holidays, it's never enough to make the house tidy again and you know what? That's fine! It's the holidays :)
Are you nuts Rosie? I hear you ask, If I don't stay on top of it the house will be in chaos! Know what honeys? Maybe a wee bit of chaos is a good thing? Just a wee bit mind :) There'll be time for housework later, the house (or the housework) isn't going anywhere :) What about, just for today, you make time for you?
1 large mug
Your favourite cocoa mix
and of course.... your candy cane :)
Optional extra: some lovely cream :) Bonus points for remembering the can of squeezy cream in the fridge left over from making the Christmas day trifle :)
- Warm your milk until it's lovely and hot
- Mix through your cocoa till it's all combined with the milk taking care not to burn yourself
- Add your cream to the top if you want to (this is supposed to be a wee treat after all, a reward for all of your hard work making the holidays fabulous for everyone else :)
- Pop your candy cane into your mug and take your lovely creamy hot chocolate to somewhere comfy and put your feet up.
- Relax and enjoy! The candy cane will melt quite quickly so use it to stir your hot chocolate and you'll be left with the most delicious, yummy minty hot chocolate :)
Till next time dear ones, huggles always xxx