I hope you're staying warm, it's so chilly outside and today we have the rain lashing against the windows too! Just ick! I miss the Summer we didn't even properly have this year :) Our furbaby Jade needed a whole lot of coaxing from Hubby and I to even go outside this morning, bless her. She's very like her Mummy, she doesn't like icky weather and she really doesn't like it being dark all of the time :/ Our baby is a nervous wee dog and doesn't like the dark at all.
In search of smiles I thought I'd share a delicious recipe honeys :)
Cheesy Breaded Chicken Fillets
IngredientsChicken breast fillets
1 medium egg, lightly beaten
Chicken coating or fine Breadcrumbs
Sliced favourite cheese
Directions1. Pre-heat oven to 180C/356F/Gas mark 4 (160C/320F in a fan assisted oven)
2. Lightly oil a baking tray.
3. Lightly beat a medium egg in a bowl and place to one side.
4. Into another bowl place breadcrumbs. I use ready made packet but its just as easy to whizz breadcrumbs through the food processor honeys.
7. Remove tray from oven and place a slice (or slices) of your favourite cheese (I use mature Scottish cheddar) on top of the chicken fillets and return to oven until just melted - approx. 3-4 minutes.
8. Serve warm with crunchy side salad or extra fluffy mashed potatoes or wedges.
Why not deliberately cook an extra chicken fillet for next days lunch? Add a side salad for an extra yummy, filling, healthy lunch, much better than a shop bought sandwich or being tempted by the dreaded vending machine full of sweeties & junk :)
What's your favourite chicken recipe honeys? Why not share? I hope you're having a fabulous week, that the weather isn't being too much of a nuisance. I'm so longing for Spring to arrive! I need to see the sun again :) Till next time dear ones, stay warm and smile lots :) Hugs always xx