You know those little ramekins? Those adorable little stoneware (or glass) dishes intended for individual servings of anything from baked savoury pies, soups & pastas and even desserts :) Well I recently bought a set of lovely little stoneware red & white ramekins and the first thing I made in them was this......
These were a breeze to put together, they took no time at all and they can be chilling in the fridge all ready for an after dinner or movie watching marathon treat :)
So, grab your ramekins honeys and get ready to make something awesome :)
one ramekin dish per person and the following ingredients:
1 pack of shortcake biscuits
Caramel, for the ingredients & directions please see Scottish Caramel Shortbread Tray Bake
Chocolate to melt for topping
1. Place shortcake biscuits into your food processor and blitz or place your biscuits inside a ziplock bag, seal and roll with a rolling pin until crumbled.
2. Divide your crumbled biscuits between your ramekins, to create the base of your dessert.
3. Make a lovely caramel as your next layer, it's super easy and you can find the ingredients (and directions) in my Scottish Caramel Shortbread Tray Bake recipe. Divide your caramel among the ramekin dishes, spreading evenly over your biscuit layer.
4. Slice your bananas and lay slices across the caramel in each of the ramekin dishes.
5. Melt your chocolate and pour across the top of the bananas.... yum!
6. Chill for around 20 to 30 minutes, longer if possible. In the photograph I decorated with slices of dried candied banana but you could also use chocolate sprinkles or mini chocolate flakes.
Hubby adored this yummy treat, I made it for him as part of a special dinner for his birthday.
I so hope you've all had a great weekend honeys, do stay warm and have fun if you're celebrating the fast approaching holidays. I can't believe it's less than 4 weeks till we're into another new year! Till next time dear ones, sending heaps of hugs xx