Easiest Ever 3 Ingredient Bake!
Hello again :)
Last night I made one of my Hubby's favourites, has been for so many years, but it's so fast & easy to cook it shouldn't even count as cooking :)
Now I said at the top of the page that this has 3 ingredients, but really it can have two, just the bacon & eggs, or as many as you want! I've been known to add sliced tomatoes, or to miss out the bacon and instead use grated cheese and chopped onion! It's an egg base you can add whatever you like to :) Be inventive, experiment, till you find your favourites :)
Bacon & Egg Bake
1 packet of bacon - This is a great way to use the packs of cooking bacon Asda (Walmart) has in their chilled aisle. Basically, their cooking bacon is mishapes, or bacon roughly chopped into various size pieces, which makes it ideal for this dish. A packet of rashers would do too.
6-8 medium size eggs - again, use more or less as you need, depending on how many portions you need.
Grated cheese - optional.
1. Take a casserole dish, I use a rectangular lasagne dish, and layer the bacon pieces or rashers across the bottom.
2. Beat/whisk your eggs together.
3. Pour your beaten egg over your bacon, making sure all of the bacon is coated and distributed evenly across the dish.
4. Pop your dish into the oven, middle shelf at 160oC/320oF for 20-25 minutes, until the egg has just "set" or baked.
5. Remove from oven, and sprinkle a little grated cheese over the top.
6. Pop back into the oven for a further 4-5 minutes, just until the cheese melts :)
7. Slice and enjoy! The eggs are so fluffy and the great thing is that you can allow it to cool and then pop into the fridge, it tastes great cold. We usually have it with a lovely crisp side salad for dinner but it would make a fabulous picnic dish or as part of a packed lunch :)
Thank you for visiting, do say hello in the comments section below. I hope you're having the best week, and looking forward to a wonderful Easter weekend. Sending you heaps of hugs honeys xx